David Irving - Partner
David's work is mainly of a commercial nature (often with an international flavour) and covers a wide range of disciplines including professional partnership advice, joint venture agreements and general commercial agreements. David has particular experience in the healthcare (particularly pharmaceutical and the acquisition and disposal of branded products) and logistics (including aviation) sectors.
David was part of the Mundays team which established the Cicero League of International Lawyers Network in 2003 and which has involved extensive working with the various overseas members and attending the biannual Cicero meetings.
David is recommended as a leading individual in the corporate and commercial fields in the South East by Legal 500.
Exeter University LLB (Hons),
College of Law Lancaster Gate, London
The Law Society
Member of Legal and Insurance Policy Committee of BIFA
The Aviation Club of the UK
Member of Institute of Directors (MIOD)
Volunteer at Nucleus (a pro bono organisation offering legal advice and support)
Liveryman of the Worchipful Company of Bakers
Governor of Esher College
- Supervising the provision of legal services to a client on a retainer arrangement including employment, property, construction and general commercial matters, many of which involved overseas issues. (throughout 2013)
- Retained counsel to client on all contracts relating to their pharmaceutical business including manufacturing and distribution arrangements, often requiring dealings with non-UK companies. (througout 2013)
- Advising telecoms provider in securing important exclusive distribution agreement and separately negotiating corporate joint venture agreement. (June 2013)
- Retained advisor to a leading marketing agency providing regular commercial advice on its contracts with its blue chip clients. (throughout 2013)
- Negotiating and compiling key exclusive supply agreements for client with company in Malaysia, including working with local counsel. (February 2013)
- Acting for large solicitor LLP in review and updating of their LLP agreement. (September 2013)
- Representing pharmaceutical company in the purchase of the entire share capital in three connected companies as part of the client’s expansion programme. (November 2013)
- Acting for established aviation operator on various acquisitions of aircraft under a variety of leasing arrangements. (December 2013)
“David Irving is excellent, combining a wealth of commercial experience with astute legal and negotiating skills. He and his team make themselves available whenever needed, and are a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend him.” Rob Sully, General Counsel – Amdipharm Mercury Company Limited
“As a growing international business it was very important for us to choose a lawyer who fully understood our business structure. David Irving took the time to get to know our business. He offers clear and detailed advice to any given scenario whilst acknowledging the importance of reaching a commercially viable agreement. David and his team's professional and timely approach to our needs is highly valued." Samir Sunbol, Managing Partner & Karen McKeogh, Head of Executive Office – S2S Integrated Management & Investment Limited
“I have worked with Mundays and specifically David Irving for a number of years. David combines a very comprehensive know ledge of the legal aspects of corporate acquisitions in the pharma industry with a very good knowledge of its key strategic issues. He works to the highest ethical standards. He is diligent in protecting clients’ interests whilst actively assisting in deal completion” Tony Playle – Waymade Plc
“IBOS is an international banking cooperation with fifteen member banks and another fifteen of their subsidiaries. The organisation had outgrown its rulebook from a commercial perspective and also from a regulatory one. IBOS approached Mundays to examine the rulebook and the very large body of agreements and manuals that had been constructed around it. We worked closely with David Irving to identify the changes required by developments in company and competition law, and changes desirable to have a simpler and more consistent documentary framework. This required both extensive updating of documents and their re-categorisation, all of which had to be agreed unanimously by all the members of the association, and their respective internal and external counsel. David and his team needed quickly to obtain an understanding of the IBOS business, and of what needed to be done to the documents, and also of a way for the results and recommendations to be presented to get buy in and acceptance from all parties in a complex stakeholder matrix. This had been a very difficult path to navigate but we worked very well as a team to achieve that aim.
We now work on various commercial matters together relating to the on-going business of the company” Bob Lyddon, General Secretary – IBOS Association Limited