Charities and Not for Profit
We act for a wide range of charities and other not for profit institutions including trusts, schools, registered social landlords, clubs and other incorporate associations.
Many of our partners are trustees, governors and directors of such organisations, and bring with them a wealth of legal and practical expertise in this sector through years of advising and running such bodies.
Mundays advises all types of businesses from start-ups to public companies, charities in the form of charitable trusts and companies limited by guarantee together with non-charitable companies limited by guarantee such as social enterprises.
We advise charities and not for profit organisations on the following issues:
- setting up a charity, whether by trust, company limited by guarantee, CIC or otherwise
- applications to the Charity Commission
- public benefit
- changes in a charity’s constitution and any necessary permissions
- restructuring and amalgamations of charities and the winding up or dissolutions of charities
- acquisition/disposal of all interests in land
- trustee advice and training days
- management and administration of charities and not for profit organisations
- regulatory advice when dealing with regulatory bodies such as the Charity Commission, the Communities and Local Government Department, the Homes for Communities Agency, HMRC and Companies House
- Charities Act 2006 considerations
- trading, commercial contracts and setting up a subsidiary