Our specialist knowledge of the franchising sector means you can concentrate on making your business successful and profitable. We provide specialist legal advice to both franchisor and franchisee clients in a variety of sectors.
Mundays has been an affiliate member of the British Franchise Association for over 20 years and supports the BFA’s aims to promote ethical franchising.
We work closely with other professionals including accountants, insurance brokers, banks and franchise consultants to asses any franchise opportunity.
Mundays offers more than 30 years of franchising experience, and its multi-faceted team provides a full service to both franchisors and franchisees. Clients note that one of the team's key strengths is its ability to advise on "all aspects of running a franchise network". High-profile clients include TM Lewin, Clarks, Prontaprint and Chicken Cottage.
Chambers and Partners UK 2013
From start-up and emerging franchisor companies to entrepreneurial franchisees, Mundays can assist at each stage of growth. Our services include:
- advising on the viability of franchising an existing business
- advising on the protection of the brand and knowhow
- preparing the franchise agreements and supporting documentation such as confidentiality agreements, terms and conditions of business, and software licences
- conducting a legal review of the franchise prospectus and marketing material
- ensuring existing franchise agreements conform to legislative changes and EU/UK competition law changes
- preparing template documentation for use in re-sales
- advising on international expansion within the franchise network
Our specialist franchise colleagues provide additional advice on:
- franchise property issues including reviewing existing arrangements and identifying alternatives
- conflicts with franchisees, including enforcement of contract terms and termination of franchises
We regularly advise franchisees in respect of their franchises of high street retailers, or franchises in the printing and ophthalmic and leisure industries.
- assisting in evaluating the proposed franchise business and network – will it really work for you?
- advising on the purchase or sale of a new or existing franchise business
- preparing ancillary documentation such as a Shareholders’ Agreements for joint owners of franchise businesses
- providing swift fixed fee report service on the franchise agreement, evaluating the obligations, rights, fee structure and hidden costs, renewal rights, support and training
- carrying out negotiations with a franchisor on renewal or restructuring
- advising on how to exit a franchise agreement
Our specialists in other departments can advise on:
- how best to handle disputes between franchise parties and if necessary how to bring the relationship to an end
- the provisions of any lease forming part of the franchise and any other property issues which may arise