The right foundations for development deals
Mundays' property development team of solicitors has expertise in all aspects of the sale, purchase and development of land and buildings for development.
Our team consists of experienced solicitors who act for a number of developers from national builders to individuals in purchasing sites, setting up new estate structures and processing completed unit sales. In addition our solicitors have developed a niche acting for Housing Associations on a variety of transactions. We also act for individuals and groups of residents wishing to sell their property and/or excess garden land and for commercial clients selling brownfield sites.
The development team is lead by Kevin Healy who ensures that transactions proceed as quickly as possible in line with our clients' requirements. In many development deals this involves much more than the basic conveyancing process: there can be complicated negotiations between the parties over timescales and overage payments and with management associations and insurers over restrictive covenants and rights of way. The local authority may require a planning or highway agreement before giving planning consent and there may be environmental issues which require consideration.
Developers need to ensure that purchases meet their development and funding programmes. At Mundays solicitors we try to ensure that development deals comply with these requirements.
The development team has a wide range of expertise covering:
- Confidentiality and lock-out agreements
- The sale and purchase of land and buildings
- Conditional sale, pre-emption and option agreements
- Indexation of purchase price
- Overage structure
- Building licences
- Short-term leasebacks
- Joint ventures
- Restrictive covenant and defective title indemnity insurance
- Deeds of release and deeds of grant
- Security documentation
- Negotiation with residents’/management associations
- Planning and highway agreements
- Stamp duty land tax
- Formation of management companies
- Estate documentation and plot sales
- Build guarantee providers